Sleep is such a luxury, which i can’t afford.
― Robin Sikarwar
Am I sleeping? Have I slept at all? This is insomnia.
― Chuck Palahniuk
He would lie in the bed and finally, with daylight, he would go to sleep. After all, he said to himself, it is probably only insomnia. Many must have it.
― Ernest Hemingway, A Clean Well Lighted Place
SYMPTOMS OF INSOMNIA:
The most common symptoms of insomnia are:
- Trouble falling asleep at night
- Wakening during the night
- Waking up too early
- Not feeling well-rested after a night's sleep
- Daytime drowsiness or sleepiness
- Irritability, depression or anxiety
- Difficulty paying attention and focusing on routine tasks
- Difficulty in memorizing anything
- Increased errors or accidents
- Ongoing stress about sleep
If insomnia makes it hard for you to carry on with your day to day routine, see your doctor to identify the cause of your sleep problem and how it can be treated.